The Orchid School
Baner - Mhalunge Road, Baner,
Pune: 411045, Maharashtra, India
Tel: + 91 20 65007681, 66202702
The Orchid School
Circular No. TOS/FRO/CIR/MS/11-12/3
Date: 20th June 2011
Invitation for TOS-PTA Annual General Body Meeting
Subject: Election of Parent representatives for TOS PTA for academic year 2011-12
Dear Parents (STD I to IX),
At the start of the new academic year 2011-2012, we invite Parents of Classes I to IX for the ‘Annual General Body Meeting’ (GBM) and for the election of ‘Parent Representatives from each section for TOS –PTA for this academic year on :
Day & Date: 2nd July 2011, Saturday
Time: 4.00 p.m.
Venue: The Orchid School, Auditorium
Agenda of the meeting:
To this effect, we have sent an invite to the Deputy Director’s office requesting for sending an Education officer for observation. This meeting is planned with inputs from the current PTA members. PTA members have discussed and finalized the election process (voluntary nomination from parents of each section of classes 1 to 9 and if more than one member, on the spot lottery system to select the member. It was decided that we send this invitation along with the highlights of the GR on PTA formation so you come well informed for the election.
Please make it a point to attend the GBM so that there is fair representation for all classes, all divisions and all levels.
Given below are some highlights and guidelines by the State Govt. for the formation and functioning of the school PTA -
1. Help School in any events outside and beyond standard school functions such as : organizing intra school quiz competitions, science fair, community outreach, teacher appreciation event etc.
2. Work with the Parent Volunteer System to plan and provide above activities and class room activities that support lesson plans given to the students.
3. Provide an “ear” to the issues concerning the parent body at large and take it up with School Management for satisfactory resolution.
4. Solicit new ideas and suggestions from the parent body to help enhance the overall and all round education experience and work with TOS for review and implementation of the same.
5. Elected parents will communicate relevant activities and current issues of the school to the parents at large via circular or post it on the TOS Website.
6. Build a sense of community at school through increased and sustained parental participation and involvement in school events.
7. Foster a relationship between parents, teachers, school management and Board of Trustees.
Looking forward to seeing you in large numbers.
Prepared by Approved by
Ms.Shilpa Solanki Ms. Lakshmi Kumar