PTA GBM Meeting
Minutes of the PTA GBM minutes 2017 - 18
Minutes of the PTA (GBM) Meeting
Date: 10th June 2017
Venue: The Orchid school Auditorium
Agenda: Formation of PTA Executive Committee for the Academic Year 2017 - 2018
Members Present :
School Representatives :
- Ms. Lakshmi Kumar – Director and the Board Representative
- Ms. Namrata Majhail – Principal, Ex- Officio Secretary
- Ms. Sangeeta Kapoor – Vice Principal
- Mr. Ganesh Phule– Admin Unit Head
- PTA executive members 2016 – 2017 – Ms. Hema Patel
- Parents – Classes I to X
Minutes of the Meeting:
- Ms. Namrata Majhail, Principal as the ex- officio Secretary of PTA, conducted the PTA – GBM and welcomed all the members present. She announced the agenda for the meeting.
- Ms. Namrata Majhail gave an overview about the PTA body to all the parents. A presentation was shown to take them through the objective of PTA, roles and responsibilities of the members, process and selection procedures of the PTA executive body.
- The members present were informed about the expectations from the members, frequency of the meetings and the termination policy of the member.
- The introduction to various committees was given and the overview of each of the committee’s responsibilities and the involvement of the PTA member was explained.
- The lead member from the previous year committee Ms. Hema Patel has shared her experience as a member. Few other members too have shared their experiences in terms of their involvement in making decisions, fee fixation, etc.
Election of incoming PTA Executive Committee:
• The PTA Executive Committee selection happened through parents volunteering at all levels from Class I to X. If there were more than one volunteer, then name was picked by lottery system. The selection and formation of incoming committee happened in a democratic fashion under the purview of all norms.
- Class I – Ms. Gargi Singh
- Class II – Mr. Sourabh Khanna
- Class III – Ms. Rashmi
- Class IV – Ms. Sayali Shende
- Class V– Mr. Hardik Desai
- Class VI – Mr. Sudhir Patil
- Class VII – Mr. Sandeep Gajanan Diwan
- Class VIII -Ms. Snehal Chaudhari
- Class IX – Mr. Vishwas Kulkarni
- Class X – Ms. Apurva Avasthi
• The ratio of 50% male and 50% female was maintained while forming the committee.
The newly selected members are as follows:
One lead PTA member from the old committee is:
Class IX Beige– Ms. Hema Patel
- Class I – Mr. Pravin Menghani
- Class II – Ms. Rakhi Rajput
- Class III – Mr. Girdhari Lal
- Class IV – Mr. Abhijeet Marathe
- Class V– None
- Class VI – Mr. Vikram Jain
- Class VII – Dr. Manjiri Deshpande
- Class VIII - Mr. Arun Jain
- Class IX- None
- Class X – None
• The second name from each class level was also selected for future substitution if in case of any withdrawal of members.
• The names of second members are as below-
STD I to X – Level wise PTA Teacher representatives are as follows:
- Class I - Amarpreet Kotkar
- Class II - Ashwini Gokhale
- Class III - Snehal Welde
- Class IV - Reeny Gorge
- Class V - Sienna Fernandes
- Class VI - Anjali Raghuram
- Class VII - Smitha Arun
- Class VIII- Rajendra Awale
- Class IX – Lakshmi Vedagiri
- Class X - Nutan Sinha